Last Updated: May 21, 2018
UNLESS YOU OPT OUT, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT IMPACT YOUR RIGHTS ABOUT HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES.
We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect personal information from loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. These measures may include regular review of our data collection and storage processes, data encryption, and security software on our networks and servers. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be completely effective. Consequently, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Site is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that BPL makes no warranty or representation nor can it ensure that use of any of our Site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities. You use the Site and transmit information to us at your own risk.
Accuracy and Availability of Products and/or Services
While every effort will be made to ensure that the descriptions, photographs, information, graphic depictions, product and service descriptions, or other content of the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free, BPL does not warrant that the Site is error free. In the event BPL determines that a product or service described on the Site contains an inaccurate price or description, BPL reserves the right to take any action it deems reasonable and necessary, in its sole discretion, to rectify the error, unless prohibited by law. If applicable, BPL, at its option, may have different prices on the Site than in its stores. BPL may make improvements or changes to any of its content, information products, services, or programs described on the Site at any time without notice. You agree to notify BPL immediately if you become aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any products or services displayed on the Site and to comply with any corrective action. Your sole remedy in such event of any such error is to return the product (or cancel the service, if applicable) according to the terms of the return policy (or relevant agreement, in the case of a service, if applicable).
Trademarks (including but not limited to those belonging to and/or identifying BPL, AmericanAirlines Arena, the Miami HEAT, The Miami HEAT Store, and/or the National Basketball Association) that are used or displayed on the Site are owned by us or by other third parties that offer and provide products and services on or through the Site. Such trademarks may not be copied or used, in whole, partial, or modified form, without our prior express written permission or, if applicable, our licensee. In addition, BPL’s graphic interfaces, logos, designs, icons, scripts, and page headers are covered by trademark, trade dress, copyright, or other proprietary right law, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole, partial, or modified form, without our prior express written permission. Other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, product and service names, and company names or logos that appear on the Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our trademarks or product information without our prior express written consent.
Ownership of Content
Our Site includes a combination of content that we and other third parties create (collectively, the “Content”). All of the Content available through the Site, including, but not limited to, written content, interface design and layout, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips, software code, and animation, is trademarked or copyright protected. You may not use, store, display, modify, reproduce, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or Content on the Site in whole or in part. If you would like to request permission to use any of the Content on the Site, please contact us.
Copyright Policy and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (including the exact URL);
- An address, a telephone number, and an email address where we can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law; and
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated. We may request additional information before we remove allegedly infringing material. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, we reserve the right to remove the content of both parties.
BPL is pleased to hear from its customers and welcomes your comments regarding its products and services. Unfortunately, however, BPL’s long-standing company policy does not allow it to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those it has specifically requested. Accordingly, we must ask that you not send us any original or creative ideas, suggestions, or materials. While BPL does value your feedback on our services and products, we request that you be specific in your comments on those services and products, and do not submit any creative ideas, suggestions, or materials.
Links to Third Party Sites
Restrictions on Use of the Site
- is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive, hateful, or abusive;
- infringes someone else’s patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights;
- removes any proprietary notices or labels on the Content;
- advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct, or the violation of any local, state, national, or international law or the rights of any third party;
- is deceptive in any way, such as an offer to sell fraudulent goods or contains an impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
- specifically advertises firearms or ammunition, tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or other contraband;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, junk or bulk email (SPAM), chain letters, or any other unsolicited commercial or non-commercial communication;
- interferes with others using the Site;
- is off-topic according to the description of the webpage, forum, or other interactive environment;
- contains software viruses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, Trojan horses, or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, overburden, impair, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, network, server, or communications systems or equipment;
- contains a charity request, petitions for signatures, chain letters, or letters relating to a pyramid scheme;
- disrupts, interferes, or inhibits any other user from enjoying the Site or other affiliated or linked websites, material, contents, products, and/or services.
- uses any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, including, but not limited to, automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from the Site or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the Site, products, and/or services;
- creates a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
- prepares, compiles, uses, downloads, or otherwise copies any user information and/or usage information or any portion thereof, or transmits, provides, or otherwise distributes (whether or not for a fee) such information to any third party;
- uses any of our copyrights or trademarks or our domain name as a pseudonymous return email address;
- contains any offer for unsolicited goods or services or any advertising or promotional materials, except in those areas specifically designated for such purpose (g., classified bulletin board, if applicable);
- provides material support or resources (or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- attempts to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any of the digital rights management or other security related tools incorporated into the software or any Content or the Site;
- reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells, or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or Content, use of the Site, or access to the Site;
- publishes, publicly performs or displays, or distributes to any third party any Content, including reproduction on any computer network or broadcast or publications media;
- systematically collects and uses any Content, including the use of any data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction methods;
- makes derivative uses of the Site or the Content;
- uses, frames, or utilizes framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Site (including the images found at the Site or any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page); and/or
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BPL, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (B) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (C) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PRODUCTS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM OUR SITE; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR SITE; (F) THE DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM AN ACT OF FORCE MAJEURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, NATURAL DISASTERS, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, WARS, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, VANDALISM, TERRORISM, NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY REASONS BEYOND THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL; OR (G) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO OUR SITE, EVEN IF YOU CLAIM TO HAVE NOTIFIED BPL ABOUT SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR BY LAW, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF BPL UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS AN ESSENTIAL TERM BETWEEN YOU AND US RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE, AND THE CONTENT TO YOU, AND WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SITE OR SERVICE OR CONTENT TO YOU WITHOUT THIS LIMITATION.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE NATURE, CONTENT, OR ACCURACY (EITHER WHEN POSTED OR AS A RESULT OF THE PASSAGE OF TIME) OF ANY MATERIAL AT THE SITE, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES.
IN ADDITION, BPL MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES THAT (A) THIS SITE Will be FREE OF INFECTION OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; (B) THIS SITE WILL BE TIMELY, CONTINUOUS, AND WITHOUT INTERRUPTION; (C) THIS SITE WILL BE SECURE (INCLUDING FREE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS), PROVIDE CONTINUOUS STORAGE OR ACCESS, OR BE ERROR-FREE; (D) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR RELIABLE; (E) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (F) ANY ERRORS IN OUR SITE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
BPL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, ORAL, OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, REASONABLE CARE, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE SUIT IN COURT.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent, Law Center of the Americas, LLC, 201 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 800, Miami, Florida 33131. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse the foregoing fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and BPL agree not to seek any attorney’s fees and expert witness costs unless the arbitrator finds that a claim or defense was frivolous or asserted for an improper purpose. You and BPL understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, you and BPL would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. You and BPL further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
If your claim is solely for monetary relief of $10,000 or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
For residents outside the United States, arbitrations shall be initiated in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and you and BPL agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in Miami-Dade County, Florida to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by these arbitration provisions by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: ATTN: General Counsel, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute, or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, you and BPL agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
Class Action Waiver
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
The terms of this provision will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any of BPL’s affiliates, to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
Termination of Right to Use The Site
This Site is not directed to children under 13 years of age (or such other digital age of consent in your jurisdiction, for example, 16 years of age in certain European countries) (together, the “Age of Consent”) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the Age of Consent. If you are under the Age of Consent you should not use this Site, and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to us. If we are made aware that a child under the Age of Consent has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete that child’s information from the Site.
Last updated May 21, 2018
Copyright 2018 Basketball Properties, Ltd. All rights reserved.