Last Updated: March 4, 2020
Miami Heat Limited Partnership (“we” or “us”) cares about protecting the privacy of information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, you. This Privacy Statement explains what personal information we collect about you, what we do with it, and how you can control your personal information. This Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with the 601 Miami website: www.601miami.com (the “Site”).
What Information Do We Collect About You?
Information you provide. We collect personal information you enter on the Site or send us in any other way, including when you:
- Register for a mailing list
- Order or make a purchase from the Site
- Post content to the site
- Provide us with billing information
- Enter into a contest, sweepstake, or other promotion
- Contact us for any reason
Register for an account. We also collect personal information when you register for an account or create/update a user profile on the Site. That information may include data that your computer or mobile device sends us. The personal information collected during the account/profile registration process may vary but typically includes:
- Your name
- Your username and password
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Your telephone number
- Your interests
- The country in which you reside
- How you interact with our site (e.g., when you click or see an advertisement)
- Your social media information (e.g., social media username and profile picture)
Making a purchase. If you place an order or make a purchase from the Site, we use a third-party to collect information about the purchase or transaction. This may include:
- Payment card information
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Amount of your transaction and method of payment
- Billing information
- Transaction history
- your IP address
- online browsing data or “clickstream data” (e.g., date and time of access to the Site, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website)
- browser type
- browser language
- operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Site (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device)
- geo-location data
- session identification number
- search terms, search results
Tracking information. When you visit the Site, automated collection tools such as “cookies” and “web beacons” may gather information about your visit and your computer.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your device that lets us know whether you’ve visited the website before as well as your navigation experience during your visit. Cookies may be used to facilitate your access to the Site, enhance and personalize your online experience, and recognize your computer or your device.
Web beacons are small graphics placed on the Site and in email communications that are used to measure the effectiveness of the Site and email communications.
- Web beacons on the Site collect information about your visit, like the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with our websites.
- Web beacons in our emails track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, forward or click a link in an email message from us.
We use the following types of cookies on the Site:
- Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are necessary for our Site to operate properly and enable you to use its features. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided. If you use your browser settings to block them, we cannot guarantee your security or predict how the Site will perform during your visit.
- Functional Cookies
- These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. For example, they remember changes made to parts of the Site that you can customize.
- Analytics Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how you interact with the Site, such as what pages you visit and if any errors have occurred. The information is used to improve how our website functions.These cookies do not collect information that identifies you but generate statistical data about your use of the Site. We may use third-party web analytics services, such as such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, which analyze, how a visitor uses the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
- Advertising Cookies
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. These “do not track” features are not all uniform and we do not currently respond to those signals. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. If you decide to disable cookies, it is possible that some of our website’s features won’t function properly. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org. These links will also explain how to manage cookies for the most common browsers:
In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third-party cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Location-based information. If you access the Site from a mobile device, the Site may try to access your location to tailor your experience based on your location. If that happens, we may collect information about the location of your device such as GPS coordinates, but only if the GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth features of your mobile device are enabled. This location-based information is collected through GPS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth sensors, and may be shared with a third party who may access such information to provide location-based information to us. If you disable any location-based services on your device, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
Information Provided by Third Parties. We also collect information about you from other sources such as public and third-party databases and other third parties, including our business and trade partners, to supplement information about you. For example, we may purchase information about your interests and hobbies to help us tailor our marketing content and communications to you.
Why Do We Collect Information About You?
We collect personal information about you for the following reasons:
- Customizing our communications with you and providing personalized content, offers, and advertising, including on our Site and about the Miami Heat, and determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising. If you wish to opt out of this marketing, you may unsubscribe by contacting us as set out in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement, or by clicking the Unsubscribe option in any marketing communication we send to you.
- Processing required for administrative purposes, such as to process and fulfill any purchases you make on the Site, notify you of your order status, notify you about important functionality changes to the Site, provide customer service, assist you with registration on our Site, or respond to inquiries from you.
- Administering offers, promotions, and surveys delivered through the Site and communicating with you about Miami Heat-related issues, including to promote our company and Miami Heat events. If you wish to opt out of this marketing, you may unsubscribe by contacting us as set out in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement, or by clicking the Unsubscribe option in any marketing communication we send to you.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business (including developing new products, managing communications, performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities, analyzing and enhancing our products and websites and performing data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis). We may aggregate your personal information with other users’ personal information to help us determine how people use the Site and to improve the Site’s performance and usefulness.
- Protecting against, and identifying, fraud and other criminal activity or exercising or defending legal claims.
With Whom Do We Share Information About You?
- Our affiliates and other companies in which we have an economic interest. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and companies in which we have an economic interest or ownership rights.
- Others working for us. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, including running our Site, sending communications for us, and executing marketing programs and promotions. When we contract with these third parties, we do not permit them to use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the work they are doing on our behalf or as required by law.
- Other third parties. We may share your personal information with other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide personal information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- Corporate restructure. We may transfer personal information about you in the event of a liquidation, reorganization, merger, sale of the company, consolidation, change of control, asset or stock acquisition/disposition, or other corporate combination. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure the transferee uses your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
How You Can Control Your Information
You may update or change information related to your account by updating your profile, accessible via the home page once you are logged in, or by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may always opt out of receiving future commercial e-mail messages from us or request that your personal information be removed from the Site by e-mailing us at email@example.com.Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial e-mail from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial e-mail from us during that period.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the website or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving our website and our services.
You can exercise any of your rights by making a request to us at the contact information provided in the Contact Us section. For California residents, please consult the California Privacy Rights section below for your rights and additional considerations.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Unfortunately, guaranteed security does not exist on the Internet or offline. We therefore cannot guarantee that your personal information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable pursuant to relevant law) through the Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and will be posted on the Site, indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our Site and/or provide other notice as required by law.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or you would like to exercise your rights under applicable privacy law, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-585-1626.
California Privacy Rights
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“personal information”).
We use the personal information we collect for our operational purposes or other purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. Those purposes may include
- (1) Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- (2) Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- (3) Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- (4) Short-term, transient use, provided the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter an your experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- (5) Performing services on behalf of us or our service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of us or our service providers.
- (6) Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- (7) Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
To help you understand our privacy practices, the following table shows, for the past twelve (12) months: which categories of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources from which we collected personal information, our business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information:
|Category of Personal Information||Sources||Purposes||Third parties shared with|
|Identifiers such as real name or alias, email address, telephone number, IP address, and unique personal identifier or online identifier||
To identify customers interested in booking space
To track your interactions with our website
To contact you
To ship your purchases
|Anonymized data shared with third-party analytics providers like Adobe|
|Categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) such as name, mailing address, or telephone number||Consumer||
To sell merchandise to you
To contact you and ship your purchases
To contact you
|Internet or other electronic network activity information such as date and time of access to 601miami.com, interaction with the website (e.g., whether user clicks on advertisements), registered domain or home server, online browsing data, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, other actions you take in connection with the website, browser type, browser language, operating system, internet service provider, session identification number, nature of the device, and device identification number||
To learn more about your interests and purchasing behavior
To target offers and promotions to you
|Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile||
To learn more about your interests and purchasing behavior
To target offers and promotions to you
Disclosure of personal information
In the past twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information of California consumers for a business purpose:
- Identifiers such as real name or alias, email address, telephone number, IP address, and unique personal identifier or online identifier
- Categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) such as name, mailing address, or telephone number
- Internet or other electronic network activity information such as date and time of access to 601miami.com, interactions with the Site (e.g., whether you click on advertisements), referring website address, registered domain or home server, online browsing data, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, browser type, browser language, operating system, internet service provider, session identification number, nature of the device, device identification number, and other actions you take in connection with the Site
- Inferences we draw from the above information to create a profile
For information on where we share personal information, see How we share your information.
Your rights under California law
You have the right to ask us to send you the following information:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information about you that we have collected or that we maintain, subject to certain restrictions.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
You have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Opting out of the sale of your personal information
If you would like to request that we do not, in the future, sell personal information we have collected about you, please fill out and submit the form you can find here.
If you wish to use an authorized agent to submit an opt-out request, please follow the instructions provided below.
Your privacy rights are important. If you exercise your privacy rights under California law, we will not do any of the following in response:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How California residents can submit requests
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request to us regarding your California rights, you can submit an online request to email@example.com, fill out and submit the form you can find here, or call us, toll-free, at 1-800-585-1626. If you have a pre-existing account with us, you must submit your request through that account, but you do not have to create an account with us to submit a request.
If you submit a request to delete personal information, you must separately confirm the request. After receiving your request, we will send you a separate communication with instructions on how to confirm your request to delete.
We can only respond to your request if it is verifiable. This means we are obligated to take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
- If you have a password-protected account with us, we will verify your identity using our existing authentication practices for that account, but you must re‑authenticate yourself before we can disclose or delete the information related to your request.
- If you do not have an account with us, we verify your identity by matching information you provide as part of your request with information about you we already have.
If necessary to verify your identity, we may ask you to provide additional information that will help us do so. We will only use that additional information in the verification process, and not for any other purpose. If we cannot verify your request, we will not disclose any personal information.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
If you wish to submit a request to know, delete, or opt out through an authorized agent, we require the following before we can process the request:
- A notarized copy of your written permission authorizing the agent to make the request, and
- That you verify your identity directly with us.
If your authorized agent has a valid power of attorney under California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, we may request proof of the power of attorney instead of the foregoing.
We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof you authorized them to act on your behalf.